Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Devotions

How many devotions do I have to read before I become a follower of Christ? I read everyday, yes. But not all the time. I read when I'm on my way to work while riding a bus. Because that's the only time that I'm doing nothing. But at weekends, or when I have no work, I don't even bother to read them. I still have other devotional materials but I haven't read them yet. I'm making myself a fool stocking devotional books and applications but not even living with any of the insights and reflections they have been showing me. Yes, I agree with the writers. I'm overwhelmed with the verses. I'm amazed at how God works in other's lives. And I want to experience them too. But how will God ever let His way in me if I don't even show any kind of faithfulness in Him? And how do I be faithful? Will I ever be?

No comments:

Post a Comment