Monday, February 22, 2016

Before another year of my life starts, it would be best to acknowledge the last year I had.

To the Lord God. I know how I've been so stubborn throughout my life and the last year I had was not a different one. A lot of times I ignore Your blessings and fail to recognize You in my life. And I can truly say that You are the Most Faithful of all because You have proven that it's not about how stubborn I am, nor how good I am, but it's about You as my God and my Father. Thank You, that hating my life makes You more generous in showing me how blessed I am, not with things, but with important people and memories and experiences that are actually filling up my life and honing me to be the person that You always wanted me to be.

To my family. We may not be whole anymore, but we have been strong in facing difficult situations that keep on happening to us. Encouragements and faith are those that keep us going on. There are times that I fail you. Times that I seem far away from you. Times that I can't reach out to you. But I will never leave you no matter what. I may have a lot of hurtaches but you are and will always be the home that I long to have.

To my friends. Certain times I neglect you. I fail to remember your own birthdays. I fail to give you gifts. I keep on "seen-zone-ing" you in chat. Maybe I'm the most boring friend you ever had. Incompatible to any of your interests. But I hope you believe me that I long to be with you. I long to know you, and to be updated on your lives. I maybe a failure because I'm not that good in words, but I care for you. It may not show. I maybe that someone whom you surprised but you only got the most disappointing reactions you will ever expect in a person. I still long to talk to you. To know if I'm still a friend to you. To know if you still remember me. To know if I'm part of one of your plans of a get-away. To know if you missed me too. I know I'm not easy to understand. But I want you to know that I also want to be with you. That there are times I need a friend, not to tell some problems, but to tell some of my weirdest and most boring thoughts I have in mind. Someone who will listen to my most nonsense ideas about life. But I thank you. For acknowledging me as your friend. For remembering that I'm one of them. Thank you for the love and concern that I fail to show you. Thank you.

I've never been the good person I wanted to be. I fail on my own goals. All the negativities discourage me. But life has been too good to me. And the most failure I ever had is to refuse to enjoy every single bit of it.
Another year will begin in my life. It would be best if I acknowledge the next days that I will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment